Currently, interviewing Clinical Psychologists for a 6-month full time, contract position in Alhambra, CA. The licensed Clinical Psychologist, will work in an office setting in the Quality Improvement and Utilization Management (QI & UM Unit).
Applicants who are interested in a long term opportunity, then this may be the perfect fit for you!
Under the supervision of the Supervising Psychologist for the Quality Improvement and Utilization Management Unit, the Clinical Psychologist II will:
1. Assist in overseeing the substance use disorder (SUD) treatment being delivered by the network of SAPC providers, ensure that the care is meeting standards of practice, evidence-based, quality-focused, and appropriate, and that care resources are managed appropriately.
2. Gather clinical information through chart reviews and other means, and apply appropriate clinical judgment to render decisions regarding eligibility, medical necessity criteria, treatment standards, level of care, and other aspects of appropriate clinical care.
3. Utilize clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process with a multidisciplinary team of staff and providers to evaluate and facilitate appropriate healthcare services for patients receiving SUD treatment.
4. Provide consultation and lend expertise to internal and external departmental professionals, contract providers, and administrative personnel in the coordination and administration of all aspects of SUD clinical care provision and management.
5. Provide clinical expertise and feedback regarding the development, implementation, and management of the Quality Improvement and Utilization Management (QI & UM) Unit.
6. Work collaboratively with the QI & UM team to evaluate provider interventions and client response to SUD treatment.
7. Work collaboratively with the QI & UM team to identify, implement, and evaluate processes related to clinical standards and necessary training.
8. Work collaboratively with staff involved with data management to promote data-driven care at the program and provider level.
9. Identify opportunities to promote quality and effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization.
10. Participate in professional committees and conferences, as assigned, including but not limited to topics concerning SUD standards of treatment, quality, utilization management, training, policies, procedures, and data collection.
11. Complete other assignments, as assigned.
Must be currently licensed to practice in California as a Psychologist.